Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 June 2011

Spring is in the Hair

Hello Urban Women,


After a long winter I find that my hairs are really dry and flat. I've been experimenting with a few different household products to try and get the shine back. I massaged mayonnaise (obviously low fat) into it the other day and then washed it. I noticed that it felt very soft but 3 different people came up to me at the liquour store and asked me if I worked at Subway. Next I tried a vinegar wash-that seemed to strip out the mayonnaise smell, but when I went into the sun the balsamic started to caramelize.My scrunchie still smells! For now, I guess I will stick with the regular routine-1 part hydrogen peroxide, 1 part Head & Shoulders, and 2 parts Ajax.




It's been a while since I've posted new recipes! With the sun shining I thought I'd suggest some spring cocktails that will make bbqs so much more fun:


Minty Spritzer


Fill a glass with seltzer water
Add 2 pieces of Excel Mint gum
Allow time for the coating to dissolve
Add tons of ice
Enjoy


Chicken Caesar


This is a twist on the classic Caesar -its a drink and an appy all in one!


Buy a 6 pack of premixed caesars from your local liquor store
Make some spicy chicken wings (fresh or frozen)
Pour the caesars into chilled beer mugs-adding a splash of chicken stock in each mug
Garnish each drink with a hot wing
Enjoy


I hope you all take some time for R&R with your girlfriends and try these bevies!


Until next time,


Urban Woman

2 comments:

Heading towards middle age. Rapidly said...

I find washing my hair in beer helpful in removing dandruff. But for a really sexy summer look, soaking one's hair in salty water is the way to go. You can buy expensive products which mimic the look of beach hair, but why would you buy them, when you can easily soak your hair in a salt laden bath?

Anonymous said...

Urban Women! You one sassy kathy!